Thursday, January 04, 2018

snow day

snow birds IMG_7271

snow birds IMG_7240 snow birds IMG_7257

snow birds IMG_7278 snow birds IMG_7223

We are being hit with a blizzard today. Over a foot of snow is predicted. I added food to the bird feeder this morning and it's rapidly being covered up. Juncos, blue jays, titmice, and song sparrows are braving the wind and digging down for the seeds. There's been a chickadee and a bluebird coming to the feeder too, but I wasn't able to get their photos.

3 comments:

Silli said...

Here in New London, CT, the birds have been feeding constantly at my backyard feeder, where I made sure to put out four kinds of feed last night. I too got a woodpecker, as well as a visit from Papa Cardinal, who I haven't seen in months. Those birds are brave!

Anonymous said...

we are seeing scary photos of the weather in your area....take care

Anonymous said...

How do they keep themselves warm?